Girl Geek Academy is a global movement teaching one million women to build the internet by 2025. Led by five women cofounders, we are working to increase the number of women with successful technology and games careers. Our programs include hackathons, school holiday workshops, career incubators, work experience programs and corporate collaborations that aim to make technology accessible and exciting for both women and young girls. We also work with teachers, schools, corporates and startups to increase the number of women with professional technical and entrepreneurial skills.
We are looking for a full time Team Support person to help out with our operations & logistics for a 6 month contract. Reporting to our delightful Head of Operations, you’ll be involved in every program and event that we run throughout the year.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Filtering & sorting our CEO’s inbox every day – this ensures all tasks are captured by the broader team and everyone receives a timely reply
- Diary management – making sure everything with a date is in our diaries
- Helping with pre- and post-event work like sourcing suppliers, ordering design assets, RSVP tracking, data collection and stakeholder reports
- On-day event support including room setup & packdown, catering management and fabulous customer service
- Taming our general enquiry inbox
- Uploading content to our social media channels
- Data entry – keeping our website info up to date
- Sending newsletters to our amazing community
- And other support functions as you and the company grows
To rock this role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Based in Melbourne – unfortunately this cannot be a remote position
- Self motivated – especially if you are working alone
- Confident, friendly and approachable – happy to make calls to anyone or greet attendees at events
- Attention to detail is SUPER important
- Process driven – we’ve figured out what (mostly!) works for our workflow, so you’ll be happy to follow the steps and keep us on track
- Willing to attend all Girl Geek Academy events in Melbourne – with time in lieu arrangements for after hours events, of course
- Able to use the codeword ‘banana’ in their cover letter
- A drivers licence is essential
- Nice-to-haves (but not essential):
- Understanding or familiarity with startups, entrepreneurship or the games industry
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with running events
- Experience speaking in front of groups, or working with children
- Access to your own car for events days would be awesome!
What can we bring to the table?
- For starters, we’re pretty great to work with. Lots of laughs, lots of emojis.
- We get that you have a life outside of work, so we are open to discussing flexible working arrangements to make sure this role suits you as much as you suit us
- The opportunity to work with a company that champions equality, diversity and intersectionality across the tech sector & beyond
- No corporate suits here – just embrace your own style, whatever that may be
- We’ll train you on the skills you need, and always be on hand for support
- All employees have 5 days of family violence leave on top of annual and personal leave
Salary – $52,000 p.a. + super
Did you know research shows women don’t apply for roles unless they are 100% qualified for, but men will give it a shot if they are only 60% qualified? Gah! If you’re loving what you’re reading but don’t quite tick all the boxes – please still apply. Tech skills can be taught, but the perfect combo of personality, work ethic and enthusiasm is what we’re really hunting for.
We warmly encourage anyone who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIAQ+, and those from any marginalised community to apply.