Thank you for visiting the Girl Geek Academy website. We are committed to protecting the privacy of users of our website. We understand that visitors to and users of this website are concerned about their privacy and the security of any information that they may provide.
Girl Geek Academy ensures that personal information is responsibly collected and managed in accordance with 11 Information Privacy Principles of the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Like many other websites, we monitor usage of the Girl Geek Academy site to help us to make it useful to as many visitors as possible. Consequently, our website does collect some information about users of the site, and we may also ask you for information in order to provide a service to you. Details of what we collect and how it is used are contained in this statement.
Internet cookies are small strings of text placed on users’ hard drives during the data exchange that happens when a browser points to a website. Cookies allow a website to store information on a user’s machine and retrieve it later. Cookies and other information collection technologies can only store information that is explicitly provided by the user or visitor in the first place, or information the website already knows about the user, such as their IP address.
- Identifying unique visitors to the site for statistical purposes (that is, you will be allocated a visitor number which will be held in a cookie on your computer for a fixed period, such as 30 days. This cookie will also hold your IP address).
- This cookie contains the following information that is available even if you have disabled cookies:
- Internal unique ID generated by Girl Geek Academy;
- Your full name and email alias, which may be used for personalising the site as well as for emails sent from the site to you.
Most browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. You can choose to adjust your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. Sometimes, rejecting cookies results in a loss of some website functionality. Alternatively, rejecting cookies may mean that you may need to establish your identity a number of times across the Girl Geek Academy site during a visit because the server cannot recheck your identity each time you request access to a restricted area.
When you visit the Girl Geek Academy website, we make a record of your visit using “single pixel gif” technology embedded in the code of each page. We log the following information, which is used for statistical purposes:
- the IP address of the computer you are using or an IP that is dynamically allocated by your internet service provider;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the file size of the pages downloaded;
- the type of browser used and screen resolution;
- the referring page (ie last page visited before entering the girl Geek Academy site).
Further information about privacy
If you have any questions about Girl Geek Academy privacy and security practices, please contact us:
Telephone: +61 430 380 180